Bought a fresh coconut yesterday. Now I do have to tell you that I’ve bought coconut milk at the store before and I did not like it one little bit. It has some kind of aftertaste to it.
This recipe is really yummy!!
1. Fresh organic Coconut, open it and get the coconut flesh out and shred it.
2. 1 cup of shredded coconut and 2 1/2 cups of boiling water. Repeat until you are done with all of your coconut.
3. Add to mixer and pulse it for a while until its liquid.
4. Strain the milk from the coconut with a fine mesh sieve.
When chilled it has a nice, thick chunk of coconut oil on the top which you wouldn’t get if you were using a cheese cloth or get in the store bought drink.
Can be kept in the fridge for 5 days if you keep a lid on it.
You can cook with it and you can drink it 🙂
Now what to do with the shredded coconut?
In my next post there will be a recipe for macaroons
4. Strain the milk from the coconut with a fine mesh sieve